Thursday, April 7, 2016

Dear Blogger Universe,

Isaiah 41:10: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid for I am your God.  I will strengthen and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  

I love this verse so much that I tattooed it to my wrist so that when all else failed, I would have it to look down at and remember that I am going to be ok, because I have a great God on my side. 

I am Chelsea, I am a christ follower, somedays I'm better at it than others.  I was diagnosed with Depression five years ago.  I have scars up to my elbows and down to my knees, and those are just the ones people can see.  I have struggled with abuse, anxiety, self-harm, suicide, body image, alcohol abuse, drugs, sex, betrayal, and a whole host of other warm fuzzy feelings.  

There are so many beautiful people in this world that are struggling in silence, I struggled in silence for a long while but I'm not going to do that anymore.  My dream is for this to become a place where people can come and feel understood, less lonely.  A place where people can learn to love themselves, and love their journey.  I hope that by me sharing my story in such a public way, that maybe you reading this will share some of your story somewhere, somehow, someway, and maybe just maybe we will slowly stop being afraid of showing the world what we really are, and start showing the world our scars.  I think then we'll begin to realize, that everyone has their scars, everyone has a story, a story worth sharing.  Hurting together feels a lot better than hurting behind closed doors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment